Our Mission … Why are we here? What do we hope to accomplish?
As youth and adults, we respond to God’s call through the Holy Spirit to be connected to each other, the church, and the world so that our lives proclaim with joy that Jesus Christ is Lord!
Identity, belonging, and leadership opportunities were the three key needs that emerged from a study of young people in the Presbyterian Church (USA). In response to those needs, the Children’s and Youth Ministries (CYM) of Canyon Lake Presbyterian Church intentionally follows the five intentions of the Presbyterian Youth Connection:
Presbyterian Youth Connection is built on the five intentions of the Presbyterian Youth Ministry:
• To call young people to be disciples of Jesus Christ.
• To respond to the needs and the interests of young people.
• To work together, youth and adults, in partnership.
• To be connected to the whole church, community, and the world.
• To include all young people, reaching out and inviting them to belong to the community of faith
Our CYM seeks to connect young people to each other, the whole church, and the whole world through faith in Jesus Christ.